Today: Vlocity (industry-specific cloud CRM software platform provider)
Company description: Vlocity is a growing industry cloud software company that empowers companies to deliver unified, industry-specific customer experiences. Its industry cloud apps use modern cloud and mobile software that embed industry-specific functionality, best practices and business process for customer-centric industries that include the segments noted below.
Go here to view eWEEK's compilation of Top Project Management and Collaboration Tool Companies.
Built in partnership with Salesforce, the world’s top CRM company, Vlocity industry cloud apps use the omni-channel capabilities of the Salesforce Customer Success Platform to enable companies to achieve faster business agility and time-to-value from the cloud.
Vlocity, whose headquarters are located in the Salesforce Tower in downtown San Francisco, was founded in 2014 by CRM and cloud veterans David Schmaier, global products leader and creator of industry-specific CRM software at Siebel Systems; and Craig Ramsey, founder of Veeva and the longest tenured Salesforce board member. Schmaier serves as Vlocity’s CEO.
Vlocity has raised $163 million in capital. It established the company as a unicorn, with a valuation in excess of $1 billion. The company has grown to more than 750 employees in over 20 countries, up from 175 in 2015.
Vlocity is the first multi-vertical industry cloud company on Salesforce. Vlocity’s verticals represent an addressable market that is 10 times the total addressable market (TAM) of Veeva Systems.
This strategic approach to serve multiple industries enables engineering and product design best practices to be used across the sales, service and marketing processes. Vlocity’s industry cloud software embeds industry-specific best practices and guided interactions to enable superior and optimal customer journeys, built 100 percent native and additive on Salesforce.
Markets: Communications, media and entertainment, energy and utilities, health care, insurance and government.
International operations: Vlocity is in more than 20 countries and regions, including:
- North America: San Francisco; San Mateo, Calif.; Washington, D.C.
- South America: Buenos Aires
- EMEA: London, Paris, Milan, Rome, Cologne, Rotterdam
- Middle East: Netanya
- Australia: Melbourne, Sydney
- Asia: Bangalore, Singapore, Manila, Tokyo
- Mexico: Mexico City
Products and Services
Vlocity’s Industry Cloud apps, built on the Salesforce platform, are designed as a solution portfolio to give companies faster time to value in the cloud. The company’s Industry Cloud software embeds industry-specific best practices and guided interactions to enable superior and optimal customer journeys. Organizations no longer have to choose between industry-specific and cloud software—now they can have both.
Vlocity’s six industry clouds include:
- Communications: As Salesforce’s strategic software solution partner for the communications industry, Vlocity Communications addresses the needs of telcos that want to transform by deploying a comprehensive greenfield systems stack, as well as those that wish to transform gradually and adopt selected Vlocity modules over time and integrate them with existing systems.
- Media and entertainment: Vlocity Media & Entertainment extends the omnichannel capabilities of Salesforce for media and entertainment companies from publishing to broadcast to traditional pay TV. The M&E industry cloud suite of applications meets the demands of a new generation of customers driven by intense competition, over-the-top media providers and the explosion of mobile content consumption in the subscription economy. Vlocity M&E includes an industry-specific data model and prebuilt sales and service business processes built on Salesforce that embed the industry’s best practices for subscriber management, digital commerce, concept-to-quote to cash-to-care and multimedia advertising sales.
- Energy and utilities: Vlocity Energy and Utilities is the only complete customer experience and CRM platform for energy and utility companies on Salesforce, enhancing Salesforce core capabilities for the utility industry in the areas of customer service, engagement, marketing, sales and revenue generation with packaged integrations to billing and back-office systems. The product includes an extensive utility industry process library, an advanced product catalog, offers and promotions, CPQ/ pricing, proposal and contract management, and market fulfillment, all delivered natively within the Salesforce platform for rapid and simplified deployment. These industry-specific applications have been designed to meet the needs of energy and utility companies and to significantly reduce the time required to deploy Salesforce.
- Insurance: Vlocity Insurance delivers a digital insurance platform that powers core business processes for agents, brokers, contact centers and consumers on top of the Salesforce platform. Designed for property and casualty, life and annuities, employee benefits, and specialty lines of business, Vlocity extends Salesforce with an agile middle office to enable digital transformation across the customer journey, including quote-to-bind, policy administration, service, billing and claims management. These processes can be configured without code and deployed to any device or channel and integrate seamlessly with back-office and third-party systems. Vlocity is fully integrated with Salesforce Financial Services Cloud and is a member of ACORD.
- Health care: Vlocity Health is an enterprise front and middle office cloud solution designed for individual (ACA), small group, large group, Medicare and Medicaid business lines. It extends the capabilities of the Salesforce platform to transform core operations and customer engagement—including modern experiences for product configuration, rating, quoting, underwriting, enrollment, onboarding, customer support, care and renewal processes.
- Government: Vlocity’s Government Cloud enables citizens to reach their social and economic potential. Vlocity helps Health and Human Services caseworkers, managers and service providers be more efficient and effective in managing complex, long-term interactions with people receiving social assistance with easy-to-use applications that are 100 percent additive to Salesforce Service Cloud and Community Cloud.
Underlying each Vlocity Industry product is a suite of common components that represents Vlocity’s industry cloud platform—from common data objects to intuitive UIs to design tools, all engineered to make digital transformation in CX simple for customers.
While there are features for each specific industry cloud, here are the common components to all verticals:
Vlocity Industry Cloud Platform: Underlying each Vlocity Industry product is a suite of common components that represents Vlocity’s industry cloud platform. Components include:
- Industry data model: The industry-specific objects, intersections and single-party model that enable both house holding and relationships for B2C CRM and industry-specific functionality such as policies, claims, benefit plans, benefits cases, applications, appeals, billing accounts, subscriber accounts, statements, usage and others.
- Orchestrated UI: Workflow tools complementary but separate from Salesforce Flow that enable scripted agent interactions and industry-specific business processes such as application intake.
- State model: Business process-driven changes in stage and status that trigger a set of activities and tasks based on changes in state.
- Interface tables and integration objects: Named Vlocity DataRaptor (for ingesting data), this tool enables efficient uploading and mapping of industry-specific mid- and back-office data to Vlocity’s industry objects.
- Vlocity OmniScript: Creates Guided Customer Interactions for any channel. Crafts dynamic customer interactions without code and deploys to multiple channels and devices. Guides users through sales and service processes with personalized responses and seamless integration to enterprise applications and data. With Vlocity OmniScript, users can design more engaging customer interactions and evolve those interactions as the market changes.
- Dynamic business forms: Captures the information needed through dynamic interactions that mimic a company’s best employees. OmniScript gives designers new levels of flexibility to craft flows, input data, present options and drive business forward—and it's all configured through an easy-to-use, drag and drop designer.
- Deploy to web, mobile and desktop with full artistic control: Built with web-standard HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap and Angular JS, OmniScript offers creative staff the flexibility to style pages to their brand guidelines. Users can deliver an immersive experience on the desktop, on a mobile device and on a consumer-facing website.
- Integration ready for complex environments: OmniScript is based on industry-specific JSON data structures, providing total flexibility in sourcing and posting data. Extracts fields from Salesforce objects or makes calls to a REST or Apex data source. Writes date back to Salesforce, or an external system. The data structures are all visible in the OmniScript designer and fully integrated with Vlocity DataRaptor and Vlocity Integration Procedures.
Vlocity Mobile Platform: Vlocity’s Mobile Platform, which includes a robust mobile framework and app design studio, has a build system to manage the full development cycle and enable customers to quickly set up, build, test and deploy industry-specific mobile apps (iOS and Android). It also allows users to fully leverage Vlocity technologies such as OmniScript, Cards, Integration Procedure, Data Raptors, CPQ, Interaction Launchers and others. Vlocity’s Mobile Platform is a mobile-first and OmniChannel solution for building apps. Vlocity also ships four industry-specific mobile apps built on top of the Mobile Platform.
- Retail store solution apps help sales associate manage appointments and queue of customers, manage customer accounts and 360-degree view and guide sales and order processes, etc.
- Producer app helps insurance agent manage client profile, interaction histories, call lists, tasks and events. It also has built-in smart offers and policy quoting capabilities, etc.
- Vella is a personal insurance assistant that helps consumer users to assess instant coverage, fully leverage Salesforce IoT integration for home risk monitoring and vehicle telematics, IBM Watson chatbot and real-time alert capabilities.
- CME Consumer app is designed for the digital consumer. It manages devices, products and plans directly from the app; it provides real-time billing and usage information, guided self-service, intelligent recommendation and seamless purchase experience.
Insight and Analysis
Overall comment from a reviewer: "Vlocity is a fundamental cloud programming association that passes on exhaustive cloud and convenient programming which introduce industry-unequivocal method and handiness. The stage is planned to pester Salesforce's abilities to engage associations to achieve better time to regard and faster deftness. Vlocity changes associations in the essentialness, open division, therapeutic inclusion, correspondence and media, and assurance and cash related organizations.
“Also, it powers industry cloud applications with trustworthy courses of action which join; Vlocity OmniScript, Industry Console, DataRaptor, Process Engines, Vlocity flexible and Vlocity wear and Clickstream Analytics. The plans go with standout features that empower innovative, customer-driven associations to give bound together customer experiences. Notwithstanding whether its data movement, back-office compromise, or Omnichannel arrangements and organizations to examination and adaptable, Vlocity is worked with the right courses of action. The stage benefits trustworthy cloud applications which help associations to pass on effective customer regard in a fragmentary cost and time of the custom game plans.
“Vlocity Cloud applications are omnichannel by structure. They help associations to give a predictable, industry-express joint endeavors over various channels; by methods for contact center, over the web, by methods for retail locations, and through underhanded partner and accessory channels. The omnichannel capacities help relationship to focus on progressively centered around offers for improved deliberately pitch and upsell. Moreover, it improves customer support, redesigns customer immovability, and improves advantage."
What did this reviewer like most about the product or service? "Cabin program administration prosperity and human services case management; generous reporting and analytics visual relationship; graph master association; matching local centric case management; improves collaboration; streamlines intake process; sends rapidly with cloud apps; tracks agency performance."
What did the user dislike most about the product or service? "It needs some improvement on local case management."
List of current customers
Communications: Sky Italia and Visible; media and entertainment: Cox Communications, Cox Automotive, Sky Italia, Sky Germany and Globo; energy: Engie; insurance and financial services: New York Life and Hagerty; health care: Humana, MetLife; government and non-profit: Boulder County, Colo.; Toronto-Woodgreen; and the USDA.
Each solution set includes modules that are priced on a per-user/per-month basis. Vlocity industry product modules are generally sold in combination with Salesforce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud or Communities.
Other key players in this market: Veeva, Guidewire (insurance), Amdocs (telecommunications), Oracle/Siebel
Vlocity, Salesforce Tower
415 Mission Street, 50th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105